Bridge Technologies VB330 Probe from Phoenix Datacom
Designed specifically to ensure your broadcast content is available without any errors, the VB330 from Phoenix Datacom is the very latest 10G probe in the Bridge Technologies range of solutions that is perfect for monitoring headend outputs, signal availability, core IP network node locations and Carrier demarcation points - where it is becoming more and more common to use 10G network interfaces.
Key features & benefits;
- 2x SFP+ optical 10G ports
- Real-time monitoring of thousands of multicasts/unicasts
- Monitors Transport Stream into IP according to ETSI TS 102 034
- Microsoft MediaRoom™ X-bit RTP header extension support
- Thumbnail decoding of MPEG2 and MPEG4 streams, SD and HD
- Packet jitter and media loss measurements
- Configurable alarm handling including severity level definitions
- IGMP monitoring and logging
- Advanced real-time IP protocol breakdown & analysis with individual bandwidth & frame size displaying
- Alarm triggered recording of a multicast/unicast or selectable service from any input.
Easy to use and excellent value for money
The VB330 utilises well-known techniques like the MediaWindow™ to simplify measurement data interpretation. This makes it easier to relate to monitoring information collected from different system stages.
VB330 can be integrated with VBC which allows you to carry out monitoring comparisons between 1G and 10G networks, and make sure that the services are available on both network interfaces. For this purpose no additional licenses or products are needed.
When so much monitoring capacity is packed into one unit, redundancy becomes a serious issue. The chassis used to house the VB330 therefore includes a dual power supply, minimising the risk of losing monitoring due to power supply failure. Furthermore, as goes for all VideoBRIDGE probes, dedicated telco grade hardware is used throughout to ensure the longevity and stability needed for professional operation.
Measurement analytics are available via easy drill-down functionality and the patented Bridge Technologies MediaWindow™ technology renders monitoring and analysis of the complex much simpler. Three full VB330 Probes can be fitted into the EC 1RU chassis, offering the highest performance to form-factor available.
The VB330 can be controlled directly via HTTP using a standard WEB browser, or it can be part of a VideoBridge Controller system which includes other devices.